As a club affiliated with Triathlon Ireland Predator Triathlon Club follows the guidelines and procedures that Triathlon Ireland have put in place for the Safeguarding of Children participating in the sport of triathlon.
Safeguarding for children is the first priority for Triathlon Ireland and Predator Triathlon Club. It is a crucial function in providing fun safe and fair opportunities for all who participate in triathlon and ensuring the safeguarding of children participating in the sport.
As an all-Island governing body, Triathlon Ireland is guided by Sport Ireland in the Republic of Ireland when dealing with matters concerning the protection and safeguarding of children. Triathlon Irelands policies are based on the guidelines contained in the Sport Ireland Safeguarding Guidance for Children and Young People in Sport document.
Guidelines and Procedures:
- Vetting Policy
- Safe Recruitment Policy
- Photography and Filming Policy
- Travel and Overnight Trips Policy.
- Safeguarding Policy for Junior Events
- Missing Children Procedure and flow chart
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Social Media Guidance for Juniors
- Social Media Guidance for Coaches and Leaders
- Social Media Guidance for Clubs
- Reporting Procedures for Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Concerns.
- Physical Contact Policy
- Guidance for Coaches and Clubs for Online Sessions
- Safeguarding Training Policy
Codes of Conduct:
To be signed annually by coaches/leaders/volunteers.
- Form 8 (In club 6 months or less)
- Form 10 (in club 6 months or more)
- Parents/Guardians Code of Conduct
All documents updated as of 19-oct-21